Thursday 18 September 2014

Target Audience Interview Reflection

I learnt a lot by doing this interview because not only did it improve my practical skills in using the camera, using different camera angles and shots and mainly using video editing sites such as I movie. It taught me a lot about what is needed in my magazines in not only the content but in the pricing and layout. 

When asked about what a magazines my target audience read Vogue was mentioned because of the variety that was inside. This has changed my view point because my initial plan was to link the same stories from front cover to my double page spread and then too my website but hearing this taught me that I would have to in-corporate different fonts, colours and mainly stories if I wanted to maintain my audience and have a chance at competing with big competitors. 

As expected, Topshop and River Island were the two most prominent brands that were mentioned because they design and make clothes in which my target audience want and need. They are also well established meaning they spring to peoples minds as soon as clothing is mentioned. They also do ranges linked directly to the season so in autumn they pick up on trends in regards to jackets, jumpers and boots which are staple pieces for any girls wardrobe at this time of year. This allowed me to be more confident about my choice to feature high street clothing and base my brand around being affordable yet stylish but it also changed my mind slightly because it made me think about how many exisiting blogs, websites and magazines that focus primarly on the typical high street brands, inspiring me to look for hidden gems in the north east that are affordable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment