Monday 6 October 2014

Photo Shoot Preparation (Makeup)

Follow Laura's board Makeup Ideas on Pinterest.



I like this makeup tutorial because it uses colors and tones that are perfect for autumn makeup, it can be worn toned down with a day time outfit or vamped up for a night time look. Her steps are clearly shown which will make it easy for me to recreate the look onto my model, I also own the same lipstick that is used and have similar shades of eyeshadows in my urban decay naked pallets.




This tutorial uses the same gel eyeliner as I own which means hopefully I can get the same results if i closely follow the video. The look will work for any more toned down looks i decide to photo and it is a typical task for girls to get the perfect winged eyeliner so it would make a good article in my magazine.



This tutorial is a more intense look, but again, I own all of the makeup used to create the look which means that hopefully I can achieve the same results. This look is good for the front cover of the magazine because it is intense and catches your attention. It would be best to pair this look with one of my nude mac lipsticks because it may be too intense to match it with a cranberry lipstick.

MAKEUP TRIAL


I was happy with how this trial went as I achieved the kind of style I want to use in my photo shoot, I also used the same model as I will be using in the shoot so that I could practice on the same style eyes and skin tone etc. I like the gold inside of the eyes as it brightens up the whole look and gives it a warm tone, the cranberry lipstick is my favorite however I would like the color to be more intense for the actual shoot so that it shows up well on camera, I would also use more intense highlighting and contouring so that her face is more defined in the images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment