Thursday 19 June 2014

Reflection Of A2 Coursework

Throughout my As year of media I enjoyed the work I did because it allowed me to explore different parts of media that I had only briefly looked into in my secondary school education. I learn new things at every stage of the coursework from the initial research and planning to the final production and evaluation as my skills improved dramatically. Upon reflection I feel that there is many things in which could have been improved such as the use of multi-media across the blog at all stages, I plan to improve this by including other popular media such as twitter, Facebook, wix etc on my A2 blog. I am very happy looking back on my coursework from last year as when I first started college I had never used photoshop or other sites like DaFont. However I do have some regrets as I focused on learning how to use photoshop for a very long period of time when I could have been experimenting with different house styles, fonts, images and backgrounds in order to give me the best possible final product. Looking at my double page spread, I am not happy with the standard of photo editing as it looks very un-proffesional, you can see rough edges where the image does not blend with the background I over edited the photo meaning it looks too blurry with too much focus being put on the eyes etc to sharpen their look. When taking photos for my AS work I will take this into consideration when positioning the model and choosing the location for the images, I will also spend more time on the editing the photos as they are a very important part of a magazine. Although, in my opinion, my font choices work well in some parts of the magazine such as the masthead, in some sections it does not fit with the general tone of the magazine and looks very rushed. I will also take this into consideration and will crucially analysis my work in AS to ensure that these kinds of mistakes do not go un-noticed. Comparing my preliminary task and my final product I can see that my skills have majorly improved over the year but my skills are not yet properly refined and I hope to do this next year. 

September 2013 - Preliminary College Magazine 


FEBRUARY 2014 - FINAL VERSION OF MAGAZINE






No comments:

Post a Comment